November 08, 2010

tribute to Alexander McQueen

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

(Jacket: Alexander McQueen pattern made by mahaila. Jeans: Supre. Shoes: Topshop.)

This jacket was my 21st birthday present from mahaila. She made it from an Alexander McQueen pattern that you can find here. My 21st was in June 2009, so she had made it only months before his death (11th of February 2010). 

Need I say that this piece is very close to my heart. Not only because McQueen was such an inspirational designer that died so tragically, but because my sister had spent months perfecting such a difficult and beautiful jacket just for me. I'm no sewer, but I'm quite sure that executing all of the different sewing techniques would have been quite a feat for a self-taught sewer. I love the cut-outs under the arms (can't really see them in these photos), the longer pieces down the front, the wide sleeves, and the different lengths at the back. Not to mention the pretty plaid fabric.... OK so I love the whole thing. 

13 comments:

  1. I'm a beginner sewer! and the jacket looks pretty hard to do! It is amazing! and i love the fabric...
    The stilettos are to die for! really lovely outfit!

    xoxo
    Ale from http://dailyfashionmx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adore Alexander McQueen. Sooo many shoes of his I would die for at the mo! Nice blog by the way - I'm now a follower ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool shoes!!

    http://timeless-is-more.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow, love the jacket! your sisters v talented. also love the shoes :) xx
    http://shutterbug-z.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in love with checked patterns, and this jacket is really cool.

    compliments for the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, you look amazing!! i love the jacket x

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazing!

    http://tonastell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful outfit! Long live McQueen... x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thos shoes are killing! Love it
    x funkydoris.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. those topshop shoes are AMAZING!

    stayfabulous,
    zarna
    www.zarnasrunway.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow that jacket! soo awesomeee.

    xStace

    ReplyDelete