January 17, 2012

My handmade Christmas treat




Top: LUI LUI   Photos: Michael Dooney

Last year we interviewed a knit wear designer Esther from LUI LUI on the blog. If you look at the previous post you can see that she let me try on one of her garments. I never go clothes shopping because I make all of my own clothes, so it was nice to try on a handmade item that I hadn't made. The next time that I saw this knitted top was on Christmas morning! Michael had gone back to the a loja store and purchased the top that I had tried on. It was a nice surprise! I really love this top. I love the design, I love the colours and I like that I feel a little European in it... if that makes sense. In Perth we don't wear a hell of a lot of knit wear because of the weather. So wearing something which makes me feel wintery is kind of nice:) 


Speaking of winter wear, only recently have I noticed that people have different expectations of what someone should wear in the winter months. I bring this up as my colleagues keep asking me if I am cold because I don't wear jeans. At weekly intervals  someone always feels the need to come up to me and ask me why I wear skirts. I wear 1 pair of stockings and then 1 pair of woollen tights over these stockings. But I don't really feel the need to explain myself. So I just end up saying 'no, I am not cold'. Can someone inform me as to whether there is an unwritten rule regarding jeans and winter??? Anyhoo, hope you are enjoying the weather where ever you are located in the world.


9 comments:

  1. Its very beautiful! The moose/reindeer make it feel very european indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an awesome jumper. I love the hood! It looks like an in-built snood, such a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wear skirts/dresses all winter long. With heavy tights, I'm perfectly warm. Love your jumper and the snood, I just finished knitting myself one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you wear a skirt in Hungary in the winter strangers on the street will ask you if you are cold!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wooow!!! it is you who owns this hoodie now :) i didn't know and just recordnized my hoodie :)) lovely!! i realy feel surprised and happy :))

    kisses

    esther

    www.luilui.de

    p.s.: i hope you are wearing jeans now ;)

    ReplyDelete