January 20, 2012

Creative Friday: My knitting setting

Thanks to Michael I now own a very shiny circular needle knitting set. I just love having quality products like this. 
I am now on the look out for a new circular knitting challenge.




Last year I was challenged by Kaye to knit some shorts. If you have been following us for a while, you might remember that this project took me a while to complete. It was definitely one of my most difficult design challenges

So at the moment I am thinking of warming up with a simple snood. 

I might then knit a jumper or another pair of shorts. Perhaps I will experiment with patterns, like this jumper from ASOS.

If you are looking for inspirational knit wear images, check out the The Dark knit blog. It is solely dedicated to fashion and knit wear and she designs her own pieces too. 

5 comments:

  1. I am planning to learn to knit in 2012!

    I love it when a challenge that has taken a while to complete gets finished, such a sense of accomplishment. Those shorts are amazing, I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you've already done this or discussed this, but I'm too lazy to dig through archives to find out; would you ever publish or sell your pattern for those shorts? I remember seeing photos somewhere and loving them, and tracing them back to here, and that's how I found your blog! I finished a knitted project a few weeks ago, and since then haven't been able to get excited about making anything. Shorts might be a good challenge...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooooooh Michael spoilt you! That jumper would be lovely, its a goer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omgg those shorts are such a dream! I wish I could knit :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. The concept of knitting, for me, goes in one ear and immediately out the other. But my goodness, do I love these knitted shorts of yours. It doesn't matter how long they took, they look aaaamazing. I envy the patience it took to 1) learn how to knit, and 2) apply it with such skill (and style!).

    ReplyDelete