January 10, 2012

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

(Bag: Alexander Wang. Top: Topshop. Shoes: Friend of Mine. Shorts: random (old). Rings: Fashionology and a market in Florence)

Photos taken in Albany

The bag and shoes were bought during the end of year sales as part of my "new clothes resolution" (you've already seen a little of the shoes here) - I still can't bring myself to pay full price, but I'm getting there. I'm officially addicted to good quality accessories! I haven't bought anything from a chain store in a loooooong time - I love exhausting my current pieces and finding new ways to wear them. I had actually bought a pair of boots in a similar colour. In my blog post I had noted: 

"I should stop kidding myself with all these fancy shmancy colour variations. I do love my black."

However I think I was just so wrong! It was the quality that stopped me wearing them. How do I know this? Because I wear my new Friend of Mine boots with everything!- Are you joining me in the "new clothes resolution", dear readers? Please tell us how it's going!

Kaye xx

26 comments:

  1. Love that bag!

    pinksaphire85.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. the boots are amaze. love your photos on this post.

    xo
    ejc

    stilettobeats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving these photos mateyo! I just realised that I am kind of doing a similar thing to you, except it is a "new fabrics resolution". I refrain from buying random fabrics at the markets, rather I am looking at better quality fabric and are more purposeful with my purchases. Anyhoo, loving that you are doing well with your 'new clothes resolution'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute boots :)
    loving your blog & following :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look really pretty and I love these photos!!

    http://styleservings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice photos!!

    check out my blog if u get a second...posts about Paris!

    http://livinglovingtastinglife.blogspot.com/

    V.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blog! and that bag is just too stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh your bag has the leather base I think? And silver hardware! It looks great! Mine has black hardware and it's starting to wear off a little in places exposing the copper underneath. I need to take a sharpie to it I think ;)
    Totally in sync with the good quality accessories mindset.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the bag goes so perfect with the sailor stripe. i'm yet to make my new years to do's. the list could be so long
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. loving the back and boots! great detailing

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this post, I've been meaning to start saving for my first Alexander Wang bag, I really have to get onto that x

    ReplyDelete
  12. the bag is a good investment piece, i love it!

    ...look closer

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your bag is perfection, love it!!

    XOXF. - www.myfashion-expression.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. There's nothing wrong with buying in sale time, particularly when sales are year round at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your blog is AWESOME! The suede booties are out of this world amazing.

    ox,
    -Davie+Erica
    Wardrobe Stylists, NYC.

    http://www.lpfashionphilosophy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I recently bought a pair of neutral coloured wedges, despite my tendency to go for black, and just like you I wear them ALL THE TIME. They're opened up a whole new world to me. And like everyone else, I adore your Wang bag.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this look! I especially looooove your gorgeous bag!

    -LAURA xx
    http://wrinkleintimevintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. your boots are amazing, that little bit of silver detailing makes them so unique

    xx, thefashionenthusiast1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the look -- the pictures you did are fabulous too!

    Fashion Translated

    ReplyDelete
  20. The bag is still one of my favorites!
    xo
    Ev

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the nautical theme, and the mirror effect on the images. Might have to steal that idea... ;)
    xx
    Lauren

    http://themarcystop.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete