January 27, 2012

Creative Firday: Interview ACIDZIP

On this Creative Friday we are featuring the jewellery designer ACIDZIP. I really love the simplicity and the delicacy in her designs. I feel like I could team her jewellery with a heap of outfits or even create a garment around the jewellery. It sure was a treat to sit down and chat with her about her jewellery line, life in Berlin and creativity! I love the point that she makes about just going for it! Don't wait until the "right time". There is no "right time", just hurray up and do it. AGREED!

Ting from ACIDZIP                                 Photo: Michael Dooney

Where are you from?
I was born in China but spent the majority my time in Canada. I recently moved from Toronto to Berlin and am still trying to make myself feel at home here.


What is your art/craft and where can we find it?
I make jewelry that often feature porcupine quills. My items are currently available on my Etsy store (http://www.etsy.com/shop/acidzip) and in a boutique called Victoire located in Ottawa (so if you ever find yourself in Canada…) Berlin shops are on my to-do list so hopefully soon!



What are the positives in buying handmade items?
I love producing and purchasing handmade items because I know that there is a story behind every item. Each item has been made with care and I’m a total sucker for details.


Where do you find inspiration?
The Internet. To be more specific, the Internet and it’s endless source of beautiful images and the wonderful people who create them. I’m very visual so I often find myself sifting through blogs and tumblr for images that simply “click” with me.


What motivates you to create?
Jewelry making started out as an outlet for my pent up creativity but now it’s the feedback that keeps me going. There is nothing better than seeing people react to your pieces and hearing back from satisfied customers. 



What encouraging words/advice would you give to someone who is interested in sparking their creativity?
If you have an idea or vision, just go for it! I sat on the fence for years and now wish that I had started earlier. It will never seem like the "right time" and you will never feel like you have enough time but once you start it will be hard to ever give up.

2 comments:

  1. Love that jewelry-- especially with something casual like the sweater you paired it with! have a wonderful weekend!

    Caitlin
    www.my-grandmothers-gucci.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I'm back in Berlin in one month, I definitly have to check here creations!!

    ReplyDelete