June 14, 2011

Jumpsuit from Burdastyle







These are the first set of photos from our trip to the German forest. We ventured to the north and checked out some of the towns around Lychen. It felt a little like home, being surrounded by the wildlife and bush like terrain. We decided to get up early to catch the morning sun rays for these photos.

I am going through a 'making clothes from already existing patterns rather then my own' phase at the moment. I don't really know why, perhaps I just need an already existing puzzle. This jumpsuit is from the last Burdastyle:easy mag. Yes! this jumpsuit was fairly easy to construct (though my poor German language skills make it a little more challenging). I have always been skeptical about these type of pants and felt that I might look ridiculous in them. But I was pleasantly surprised. I saw this fabric at the markets and couldn't resist the purchase. Initially I was going to add a contrasting colour (red) for the waist, but decided against it when I was having flash backs to Rafael from the teenage mutant ninja turtles. All I needed were some 3 pronged daggers to complete the look. Therefore the black lace was chosen.

Photos: Michael Dooney

8 comments:

  1. It's so lovely on you!!! As well as the colors! Perfect.

    Wida
    Missing Amsie Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colour is sooooo pretty! And you're in a JUMPSUIT! Very unlike you, yet it suits you beautifully! WIN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. So pleased that that pattern suits people. I took one look at in on burda and decided that it just wouldn't do my body shape ANY Justice.
    Mxoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  4. J'aime la couleur de vernis!:)
    Angela Donava
    http://www.lookbooks.fr

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome photos !

    LOVE and FOLLOW absolutely !

    Hope you visit mine and follow me too !

    Kisses
    http://www.mydailyglamour.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely! The color of the jumpsuit is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. loooove this jumpsuit! love the shape, the color, everything! Thankyou for your sweet comment on my blog!
    http://handmadeconamor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete