October 23, 2011

with a broken hand comes change



Recently I broke my hand which has rendered me a little helpless in my everyday activities (I can't even sew!) Though with all experiences come positive outcomes. So this an opportunity to make some changes.....starting with my hair!

I have planned to cut my hair off for a while, but never found the 'right' hairstyle. Having difficulties managing my hair with one hand and feeling tired of my long hair, I decided to go to the hairdresser and just have it cut. I was lucky enough to score a friendly, talkative, English speaking, Austrian hairdresser. I now have a hairdresser in Berlin! It was hilarious when he was hacking my pony tail off, the elderly German lady sitting next to me nearly had a fit. I, however was cool, calm and collected, ready for the change. Now I just have to find a good charity to send my bundle of hair to (if anyone knows of a good charity let me know. So far I have found a few cancer related charities)

Within my recovery time I have had time to reflect and perhaps a little too much time to read. I'm not a particularly religious or spiritual person, so when searching for inspirational words I turn to the works of fearless philosophers and scientists. My readings have encouraged me to make some changes, so here are my 'New 'hair' resolutions'. 

My 'new hair resolutions'
1. Be more disciplined and focused on my goals
2. Take time to be appreciative of my surroundings and the people within it. Be more social too! 
3. Work on fitness. Being fit = positive mood
4. Reading. Read more! and go to more museums
5. Continue to sew and create. Really start to experiment a little more
6. Buy local, ethical products. Particularly food & sewing items
 7. Get on top of learning German. It's getting embarrassing!  
8. Organisation - Be organised (I am sure I have it in me..... somewhere)
9. Work hard... have fun in the process


Lets see how I go. Fingers crossed it will all happen! I will report back to you in a few months, regarding my progress.
 
Is anyone out there making proactive efforts to make some changes too???

10 comments:

  1. I like your new hair resolutions. Lack of organisation must run in the family... either that or we are too ambitious. You guys seemed pretty productive while I was over there.

    I would say I like your hair but I already told you that on skype and email. So you dont get told again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! great hair resolutions!

    Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
    SHOP: www.saboskirt.com
    BLOG: www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing! I love to follow your posts you're an inspiration!

    see mine?
    http://thepileofstyle.blogspot.com/
    :*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! I hope you heal quickly. The haircut looks great! I made a drastic cut too, a couple months ago. Short hair is so liberating. I think I've gained a lot of my life back, in time spent not dealing with it anymore.

    I think this is a great idea; who needs new years to start making improvements? My goals right now are to keep working out once the weather turns cold, because I know that my motivation drops once the sun starts hiding. Also, I need to start seriously studying spanish, not just doing what's necessary to pass class.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The new haircut looks great,
    I really think it's cool that you did it!
    I'm having a give-away on my blog and I hope you'll join.
    x

    my-fashion-fairytale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello,
    I'm so sorry to know you broke your hand, I hope you recover very fast. And your new haircut looks just great, certainly you are a gorgeous girl.

    hoping you heal fast,

    Laura =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry about your hand, sometimes we need things like that to happen to bring change into our lives. Your hair cute is amazing and you look at peace.

    Slow Strut, Rouge Lips - Not Just a Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your new hair really, really suits you! I am always an advocate for short hair, it's just so much easier. New hair and good exercise always change my outlook for the better even when things are going well... it just might be time for me to switch those up too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous!

    i love your blog. your style and vibe are great.

    please check out my blog and follow me back if you like! you can see my recently launched scarf line, 'charlotte & lisa'

    http://www.clothesovercarbs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my, it's so refreshing! love the new do for you!

    xo

    Bang & Buck

    ReplyDelete