Recently I broke my hand which has rendered me a little helpless in my everyday activities (I can't even sew!) Though with all experiences come positive outcomes. So this an opportunity to make some changes.....starting with my hair!
I have planned to cut my hair off for a while, but never found the 'right' hairstyle. Having difficulties managing my hair with one hand and feeling tired of my long hair, I decided to go to the hairdresser and just have it cut. I was lucky enough to score a friendly, talkative, English speaking, Austrian hairdresser. I now have a hairdresser in Berlin! It was hilarious when he was hacking my pony tail off, the elderly German lady sitting next to me nearly had a fit. I, however was cool, calm and collected, ready for the change. Now I just have to find a good charity to send my bundle of hair to (if anyone knows of a good charity let me know. So far I have found a few cancer related charities)
Within my recovery time I have had time to reflect and perhaps a little too much time to read. I'm not a particularly religious or spiritual person, so when searching for inspirational words I turn to the works of fearless philosophers and scientists. My readings have encouraged me to make some changes, so here are my 'New 'hair' resolutions'.
My 'new hair resolutions'
1. Be more disciplined and focused on my goals
2. Take time to be appreciative of my surroundings and the people within it. Be more social too!
3. Work on fitness. Being fit = positive mood
4. Reading. Read more! and go to more museums
5. Continue to sew and create. Really start to experiment a little more
6. Buy local, ethical products. Particularly food & sewing items
7. Get on top of learning German. It's getting embarrassing!
8. Organisation - Be organised (I am sure I have it in me..... somewhere)
9. Work hard... have fun in the process
Lets see how I go. Fingers crossed it will all happen! I will report back to you in a few months, regarding my progress.
Is anyone out there making proactive efforts to make some changes too???