Lately I have been trying to experiment more with textile design and consequently ended up with some dye to mess around with. After revisiting my tie dying days at primary school I decided that perhaps I am not the tie dying type. Next I decided to spray the dye onto the fabric. SUCCESS! Spraying the dye on to chiffon resulted in some interesting effects. The dye ran a little and made some star like shapes. I draped the material on my dress making doll and ended up with this strange little top. This is only the beginning of my dyeing adventures. So watch this space as I will be posting some tutorials!
Photography: Michael Dooney