April 27, 2012

Creative Friday: Gudbling


A little while back we ventured to Neukölln to visit Christine, the designer and creator of Gudbling jewellery. As you can see, we were lucky enough to take a few photos of her and her handmade earrings, necklaces and bracelets in the lovely "Liebling Neukölln' store.

I was initially drawn to the Gudbling jewellery as I find the combination of materials so interesting. Crocheting fabric through through metal chains is such a fantastic idea. I find myself staring at her pieces wondering how she makes them!

Thanks to Christine for sharing her experiences and inspirational thoughts:)  

Christine from Gudbling                     Photo: Michael Dooney

Where are you from?
Image from gudbling etsy store
Hi, I'm Christine currently living in Berlin but in my heart still feeling like a northern soul from Schleswig-Holstein.

What is your art/craft and where can we find it?
I design and make unique textile jewelry. I started with dawanda, etsy and several markets which turned out well, so I opened my own shop with a friend in Berlin Neukölln called "Liebling Neukölln".

What are the positives in buying handmade items?
For me buying handmade is about owning a very unique not massproduced piece.  And I love the thought of supporting a single person in fullfilling their personal dream. Sounds solemn but this is what it feels like for me.
 
Where do you find inspiration?
I'm inspired by color combinations and forms almost everywhere. For example I love the old fashioned subway tiles in Berlin, Bollywood style on Kottbusser Damm, the fleamarket in Schöneberg. And I must admit I spend (waste) a lot of time on the internet sucking in blogs, social media and fashion show videos.


What motivates you to create?
Again a little overemotional but I'm expressing my innermost. It makes me happy, sane, stable and proud.


What encouraging words/advice would you give to someone who is interested in sparking their creativity?
Start right now, start small, don't expect too much and practice a lot. Do it for yourself. Have fun!

Gudbling Store Etsy
Gudbling Store Dawanda
Gudbling website

2 comments:

  1. Christine's jewellery is sooo pretty! xx Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice topic-specific blog. Would love to read more stuff like this on the web.
    Enamel Bangle

    ReplyDelete